Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dig it up...


The other day, I was in one of my 'complaining' moods. Among a couple of other...no a few other things....I also complained to God ' Why can't my son be a little more caring, sensitive, etc etc. 

And as if to answer my question, a strange event took place. We were on our way from a restaurant to   an ice cream parlour, around 10 . 30 pm. My hubby n me both had our cars. Everyone piled into my hubby's car..since all the cousins wanted to be together, and I was left alone in my car. Before I even realised what happened, my son promptly got out of the car n joined me. I just shot him an enquiring look...knowing that he would like to be with the gang. His answer left me speechless...." Ma how could I let you drive alone at this time"!!

Sure enough....this incidents maybe make you wonder, think and above all marvel at God's ways of talking to us.

What they also do is make you reflect on your own parenting skills.....instead of always complaining of why can't he be like this, or more like that....can we catch them doing right, can we celebrate when we see glimpses of gold shining under a whole lot of muck n dirt. Coz the moment we do that, we are sure to see more such glimpses...and moreover that shifts our focus from the muck to the gold.

So what are you going to dig for today??
  Dig for muck, you get muck.....dig for gold, you get gold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment