Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I decide, I abide

My 8 year old wanted to join an art class that is being conducted in our residential premises. I am always weary of such classes...simply because I feel it's always the teachers work more than the child's work that is produced in the book. ( belief, belief !! ). But my daughter was adamant....I want to go anyhow. When nothing else worked...I tried to make her realise how this class would just add to her already 'busy' weekdays. But her answer surprised me. In just 3-4 sentences she chalked out her entire list of 'to do's ' ....along with this class. She even cut her own T.V time in doing so!! Now I had no excuse...and more importantly I wanted her to join now, just to see if she can abide by what she deciedes.Well, at least this week she has done so.... The best part for me is that most of the things that I had to constantly nag her for doing...changing clothes, wash up etc. she was doing without me even telling her a second time. Which just made me wonder how simple my life would be, if only I could help my kids to figure out why they should be doing the myriad things that they know they have to do anyways!! Reminds me of a quote I read a long time back " Dear God, help me to like to do the things I know I have to do anyways".

No comments:

Post a Comment