Friday, April 6, 2012

Swinging back and forth!

The past 2 weeks have been a roller coaster ride for me. It all started with me and my preparation of the 20 minute "TED TALK" that we were asked to do. When I first heard it, about a month and a half ago, I secretely never thought I'll get this far. So I surprised my own self when I wrote my name in the slot to do the presentations. After the exasperation of the first one, I had this great feeling " Yes, I can do it".. types. After the 2nd and 3rd also went off reasonably well, I had this thought... " Maybe I am moving from unconscious incompetence to conscious competence! It was indeed an exciting thought... An exciting place to be in. Then again suddenly, yesterday I had this thought " Akeela, you still don't know anything". Being me, I soon changed that thought to " You still have a lot to learn". Yes, this is a much more relaxing thought...it eases a lot of stress. But I kind of enjoyed this roller coaster ride within me. Although at this stage, the phase of unconscious competence seems a distant reality...I for now am content with my progress so far and excited about what has to follow.

2 comments:

  1. When Akeela you were presenting the Motivation’s model of “FAIR”, I was pulling you for the sake of grilling. Soon I stopped grilling you and started listening.
    more on my blog
    http://aditiarohi.blogspot.in/2012/04/me-important.html

    I enjoyed your acceptance of yourself after the first grilling session.

    I am enjoying working with you - yes, smiling, simple that is you. You bring positive energy for me - stay like that. Thank you for being grileed with a SMILE :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aditi...guess what??? You just gave me a fish...just like that!! :)

      Now, you'll see what all a 'fish' can do!!

      Delete