Friday, July 19, 2013

What's your Intention?

Yesterday was one of those days! You know , when everything...ok almost everything... you do seems to go wrong. So the only thing I wanted to do at night was to get the kids in bed and sit back with  a book. But that was not to be....Coz that very night my kids insisted that I lie down with them in bed for some time. As my son put it " Like before, how you used to sit and read to me..." 
Sounds really sweet...doesn't it? Not when there is a counter attack...my daughter insisted that I do the same for her too and that also before I do that for her brother!
NOOO! I wanted to scream! I didn't deserve this!

As they continued to battle for who should get "mummy first" and as I continued to battle with myself to prevent from  screaming..I was left wondering:
1. What is it that they are actually seeking?
2. Is that such a bad thing?
3. How would my response be , if I failed to see the intention behind the fight?
4. And how would I respond otherwise?

And because i was able to see their intention ...I could not only handle my own feelings better, but was also able to spend a few minutes reliving the joy of when my kids were younger...as we spent some good quality time before dozing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment